The primary role of this Business Development Position is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, or other means of generating interest from potential clients. They must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company. They must develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship. They are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company's practice leaders / principals.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work to develop proposals that speaks to the
client's needs, concerns, and objectives.